If you’re using a glaze, apply it now. The glaze I like is in the recipe below.
Place skillet in the oven and roast 15 to 20 minutes per pound, until internal temperature is 145 degrees. Remove from the oven, tent the pork with foil and let it rest about 5 minutes before serving. If you don’t use a glaze, make a quick pan sauce by deglazing the skillet with chicken broth, wine, fruit juice or another flavorful liquid.
2-3 pound pork tenderloin
1 cup apricot pineapple preserves
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup pineapple juice
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk together brown sugar and pineapple juice.
- Blend in preserves.
- generously salt and pepper the pork loin.
- Spread a small layer of the glaze on the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Lay the pork loin on top and spread the remaining glaze on top and along the sides.
- Baste as necessary
- Bake 45 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 150 degrees.