CHILI MAC CASSEROLE
3/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
1 pound ground sirloin
1/2 pound ground pork
1 large shallot, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can petite diced tomatoes (DO NOT DRAIN)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
4 ounce can chopped green chiles, drained
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
2 cups shredded cheese of choice (I use cheddar or a jack and cheddar mix)
2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 9×9 baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Cook macaroni al dente per package directions. Drain.
- While macaroni is cooking, brown beef and pork in large skillet along with shallots and garlic.
- Drain off all fat in a colander.
- Add tomatoes, chiles, black beans, tomato paste and seasonings to skillet and blend well.
- Add meat back in, stirring to blend.
- Add macaroni and gently stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Baked covered 30 minutes until bubbly.
- Uncover and add cheese, baking another 5 minutes until cheese is completely melted.
- Sprinkle with green onions for garnish.