BACON WRAPPED CHICKEN SKEWERS serves 6 – 2 skewers each
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
24 fresh pineapple chunks
24 pearl onions
1/4 cup Braggs Liquid Aminos
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
12 wooden skewers
12 bacon slices
- Soak skewers for an hour before prepping.
- Cut the chicken into 1 inch chunks. You need 36 pieces.
- Peel skin from onions.
- In a large ziploc bag combine the Braggs Liquid Aminos, avocado oil, vinegar, garlic salt, onion powder and black pepper.
- Add chicken, pineapple and onions turning to coat everything well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat grill over medium heat. Cooking MEDIUM LOW and SLOW is the key to crisp bacon and tender chicken. As you can see my bacon got just a little too crisp, but they were still delicious.
- Assemble skewers alternating 3 pieces of chicken, 2 onions and 2 pieces of pineapple on each skewer while lacing bacon slice between each piece.
- Drizzle skewers with marinade.
- Grill 15-20 minutes, turning as necessary to cook evenly. Cook until chicken is cooked through and bacon is crisp.
- Serve warm.
NOTE: Peppers and mushrooms are great on these too. Use your imagination to tickle your taste buds.