SINFUL MAC & CHEESE adapted from Incredible Recipes from Heaven
MAC & CHEESE
1 pound macaroni
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
12 ounce can evaporated milk
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 cups freshly grated cheddar cheese
8 slices provolone cheese
1 cup sour cream
2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta al dente per package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- In a large skillet melt the butter over medium high heat, and whisk in flour stirring occasionally until golden.
- Reduce heat and whisk in the milk, mustard, cornstarch, evaporated milk and all seasonings, one at a time, stirring constantly until it reaches a boil, allow to simmer while still whisking occasionally until SLIGHTLY thick
- Remove from heat and whisk in cheddar cheese until melted.
- Add macaroni and lightly toss until evenly coated
- Pour half of the macaroni and cheese into greased baking dish.
- Layering evenly with provolone cheese followed by an even layer of sour cream.
- Pour remaining macaroni over sour cream then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
4 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1/4 cup pwdered Parmesan cheese
- In the skillet melt butter in avocado oil over medium high heat.
- Add breadcrumbs and stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Cook until crumbs become a golden brown.
- Sprinkle over top the mac & cheese
- Bake 25-30 minutes until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Submitted to FULL PLATE THURSDAY @Miz Helen’s Country Cottage.