BAKED PINEAPPLE SALMON adapted from DELISH
Non-stick cooking spray, for pan
1 FRESH pineapple cut into rings
6 salmon fillets, 6-8 ounces each
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
3 tablespoons melted butter
3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
2 tablespoons FRESH chopped cilantro
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2-3 green onions, thinly sliced for garnish
Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lay 2 pineapple slices per fillet.
- Season both sides of fillets with salt and pepper and place on top of pineapple slices.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, chili sauce, cilantro, garlic, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes.
- Brush fillets with the sauce.
- Bake until the salmon is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Switch the oven to broil, and broil for 2-3 minutes, or until fish is slightly golden.
Garnish with green onions and lemon wedges.
NOTE: Give the salmon a quick 2-3 minute broil at the end of cooking to allow the top to caramelize. DO NOT overcook though, it will burn quickly.