This recipe stems from my grandmother’s ancient file. It was not a well written recipe so I’ve “interpreted” it into what I like 😀
2 LARGE (15 ½ ounce) cans crushed pineapple, drained WELL juice reserved**
¼ cup sugar
1 LARGE egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons WONDRA flour
pinch of salt
1 cup mini marshmallows, halved
½ cut chopped nuts
1 LARGE banana, diced
- In a large saucepan whisk together the sugar, egg, flour and salt, until well blended.
- Add reserved juice (2 cups), cooking on medium low heat until thick.
- Fold in fruit pieces, banana pieces, marshmallow and nuts.
- Chill until cold.
- Keep refrigerated.
- I sometimes substitute a LARGE can of mandarin oranges for one of the cans of pineapple. When I do, I cut the orange segments into 2-3 pieces each.
- I’ve seen this made with a few Maraschino cherries during the holidays to add color.