TEX MEX CHICKEN STEW ala SLOW COOKER serves 4
1 small onion, diced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 cloves garlic, minced
¾ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon QUALITY honey
1 can ROTEL tomatoes, undrained
15 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
2 ounces pickled jalapenos or pepperoncinis
½ cup chicken broth
2 teaspoons WONDRA flour
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 tablespoon boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
1 can white shoepeg corn
1-3 ounces cream cheese
1 bunch green onions, sliced for garnish
- Spray slow cooker insert with non-stick cooking spray.
- Blend together the onions, garlic, canned tomatoes, pepperoncinis or pickled jalapenos.
- Whisk together the chicken broth, honey, garlic, tomato paste and chili powder. Blend the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Whisk together the avocado oil and flour into a paste. Blend the paste into the slow cooker mixture.
- Fold in chicken pieces so they are submerged.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Add corn and cook another hour on HIGH.
- Whisk cream cheese with ½ cup of broth from slow cooker.
- Stir cream cheese mixture into slow cooker, cooking for 15 minutes more.
- Serve with warm tortillas.
- Garnish with green onions.