Gran’s Meatloaf is a super moist, scrumptious and full of flavor recipe that’s great for any weeknight because it can be prepared ahead of time and baked the next day! It’s a super simple recipe that has been handed down through the generations and comes out perfect each and every time! The leftovers make WONDERFUL sandwiches for lunch the rest of the week.
1/2 pound ground beef
1/2 pound ground pork
3/4 cup WHOLE milk
1 LARGE egg
3 slices white or sourdough bread, torn up into small pieces
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup finely chopped onion (or substitute ½ tablespoon onion powder)
2 cloves garlic, minced (or substitute ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder)
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
2 tablespoons FRESH chopped cilantro (or substitute ½ teaspoon ground coriander)
½ cup Jalapeno ketchup**
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Combine all ingredients except the ketchup in a large bowl JUST until well blended. Do NOT overwork.
- Spread mixture into an un-greased loaf pan or shape into a loaf on a sheet pan.
- Spread ketchup on top of meatloaf.
- Cook for an hour to an hour and 15 minutes, until a meat thermometer reads 160.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
NOTE: This recipe used to read a tablespoon of hot sauce plus regular ketchup, but now that Jalapeño ketchup is so regularly available I use it exclusively.