Tall, fluffy, sweet and buttery! These biscuits NEVER disappoint!
HONEY BUTTER DIP BUTTERMILK BISCUITS Adapted from Brandie @ The Country Cook
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 tablespoon QUALITY honey
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Pinch FRESH ground black pepper
1 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Melt butter.
- Stir honey into melted butter.
- Pour melted butter and honey into an 8×8 baking dish. Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Pour in the buttermilk into flour mixture, stirring until a loose dough forms, batter will be a bit sticky.
- Pour biscuit dough into baking dish on top of the melted butter and spread as evenly as possible. An offset spatula sprayed with non-stick spray helps.
- Pre-cut the dough into 9 squares. This will help later when they are done.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown and spring back to the touch, rotating dish once during baking.