We were gifted with a fantastic OMAHA STEAKS box of Sirloins and Lobster tails for Christmas. We ate 2 of the steaks for Christmas Eve and saved the other 2 and Lobster tails for New Year’s eve and day. What a great way to finish a horrific year and start the new one. Thank you so much Brent and Dawn 😀 we really enjoyed our gift!
This is a simple recipe, but as my FIL always said, sometimes simple is the best way to bring out the even better flavors!
BROILED LOBSTER TAILS
2 Lobster tails
4 tablespoons butter
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper
1 LARGE lemon, cut into wedges
- Preheat broiler, position top rack 3-4 inches from heat source or preheat grill to medium.
- Butterfly tails by cutting down through middle of hard shell with a sharp knife. Cut through flesh but not underside membrane.
- Hold tail in both hands and open flat.
- Brush lightly with melted butter.
- Season with FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper.
- Place lobster tails on sheet pan wrapped in foil shell side down.
- Broil for 6-7 minutes.
NOTE: For grilling, place flesh side down on grill and cook for 7-9 minutes, flipping when necessary if flare up occurs.