I’m working on a Italian Pizza, Buffalo Chicken and Mexican Taco version too!
HAWAIIAN HASSELBACK CHICKEN adapted from The Painted Apron
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs**
3-4 ounces thinly sliced tavern ham from the deli
1 LARGE can crushed pineapple, drained, juice reserved **
1-2 cups King’s Hawaiian ORIGINAL BBQ sauce
- PREHEAT oven to 375°.
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray.
- Slice thighs grid like, cutting about 2/3 way down DO NOT CUT ALL THE WAY
- Tuck a piece of tavern ham in between cut areas.
- Arrange chicken pieces close together, but not cramped together.
- In a small bowl fold together the BBQ sauce and pineapple pieces.
- Spoon pineapple mixture over chicken. Use additional BBQ sauce as necessary to make sure chicken is completely coated.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until cooked through, basting with pan juices 1/2 way through baking time.
- Breasts work too, but require less cooking time. DO NOT OVERCOOK or they will be dry!
- I also throw in a small can of drained pineapple chunks just because hubby likes them and it adds a bit of texture to the dish.
- You can prep this dish in the morning to cook when you get home from work. It refrigerates well to be baked later.
Linking to DISHING IT & DIGGING IT at Rustic & Refined, SUNDAY’S BEST at Mother 2 Mother, SUNDAYS AT HOME at Celebrating Everyday Life and My Soulful Home, CELEBRATE YOUR STORY at Celebrate & Decorate,
COOKING & CRAFTING with J&J AT Julie’s Creative Lifestyle, MAKE IT PRETTY MONDAY at The Dedicated House, MELT IN YOUR MOUTH MONDAY at Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms, MERRY MONDAY at Where The Smiles Have Been and Our Crafty Mom, MIX IT UP MONDAY at Flour Me With Love, SHOW and SHARE at Coastal Charm, LOU LOU GIRLS FABULOUS PARTY at Lou Lou Girls, TAKE OUT TUESDAY at The Painted Apron, TREASURE BOX TUESDAY at Memories by the Mile, TUESDAYS WITH A TWIST at Stone Cottage Adventures, DELICIOUS DISHES at Walking On Sunshine, SHARE YOUR CUP @ Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson, FAVORITE THINGS at Katherine’s Corner, FULL PLATE THURSDAY at Miz Helen’s Cottage, BLOGGERS PIT STOP at The Blogger’s Lifestyle, HOME MATTERS at Life with Lorelai, KITCHEN FUN & CRAFTY FRIDAY at Kitchen Fun with My Three Sons, PRETTY PINTASTIC PARTY at Coffee with Us 3, SHARE IT ONE MORE TIME at Everyday Home, SWAY SHAREFEST at The Sway Life
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen diced peaches
1 1/2 teaspoons + 2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
Juice of 1 lime
1 teaspoon PURE vanilla extract
3 tablespoons rolled oats (NOT instant)**
4 teaspoons flour
2 tablespoons COLD unsalted butter, cubed
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
1/4 cup raspberries or blueberries or ???
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Lightly spray 2 ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Toss peaches, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, cornstarch, lime juice and salt together. Set aside.
- In a small food processor, pulse oats until a fine crumble.
- Add 2 tablespoons sugar and flour to oats and pulse until well blended.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender until a coarse meal.
- Stir in vanilla and walnuts.
- Divide peach mixture between ramekins.
- Divide raspberries over each ramekin.
- Sprinkle each ramekin with oat mixture.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving – that fruit is HOT!
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
CREAMED BASIL CHICKEN
Skillet Basil Cream Chicken has always been one of my favorite recipes. Creamy sauce made with buttermilk and cheese, breaded chicken, tomatoes, fresh herbs, and more make up this super easy, delicious, and fool-proof chicken dinner. ADAPTED from Becky Hardin – The Cookie Rookie
¼ cup buttermilk
¼ cup dry breadcrumbs
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4-5 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons avocado oil
¼ cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons dry sherry
1 cup heavy cream
1 shallot, sliced thin
1/2 pound button mushrooms, sliced thin
1 (4 ounce) can pimentos, drained OR 2 small sweet peppers, diced
1 can petite diced tomatoes, drained (optional)
¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons garlic & herb cheese, like Boursin
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place chicken breasts in a shallow dish and cover with buttermilk for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour breadcrumbs in another shallow dish.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon avocado oil.
- Dredge chicken pieces in the breadcrumbs and place in the hot skillet.
- Cook 5 minutes or until bottom side is crispy and golden brown.
- Add remaining butter and oil and flip the breasts over.
- Cook another 5-7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add shallots to pan, cooking until soft.
- Add mushrooms, cooking until starting to caramelize.
- Add chicken broth and sherry to the skillet to deglaze, scraping the brown bits off the bottom of the skillet and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the cream, pimentos or peppers and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and add Parmesan cheese, garlic-herb cheese, basil and black pepper.
- Simmer and cook until sauce reduces by half.
- Add the chicken back into the sauce and heat through.
- Serve over pasta with sauce.