These are the perfect game or race day tailgating “GUY” food. No bones, no mess, but ALL the flavor of the PERFECT wings.
BUFFALO MEATBALL SLIDERS
1 1/2 pounds frozen meatballs, thawed (chicken if you can find them, but turkey works too)
1/4 cup PACKED brown sugar
1/4 cup FRANK’S original hot sauce (or MORE, to taste)
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup pineapple pepper jelly (as mild or strong as you like) 😀
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
12 King’s Hawaiian rolls
torn lettuce leaves
Crumbled Bleu Cheese
- In a 3-4 quart slow cooker whisk together the brown sugar, hot sauce, hone, preserves, corn starch and liquid aminos until well blended.
- Stir in meatballs, coating well.
- Cover and cook on low 2-3 hours.
- Slather ranch dressing on both sides of bun.
- Add desired lettuce leaves.
- Add 2 meatballs.
- Top with crumbled bleu cheese.
- Replace top and enjoy!!!
CORNFLAKE CRUSTED CHICKEN SLIDERS with BUTTERMILK SLAW
3 tablespoons buttermilk
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 tablespoons sour cream
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons finely sliced chives
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3 to 4 turns freshly ground black pepper
1/2 head cabbage, cored and finely sliced
- In a medium bowl, combine the buttermilk, mayonnaise, sour cream, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chives, sugar, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Whisk together until fully incorporated.
- Cover and refrigerate.
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
6 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley, then transfer the mixture to a small bowl and set aside.
3 cups canola oil
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup Sriracha sauce
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons granulated garlic
2 teaspoons granulated onion
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
8 cups cornflakes, crushed
24 ounces chicken tenders (twelve 2-ounce tenders)
12 slider buns, split
2 Roma tomatoes, sliced thin
1 small red onion, sliced thin
- Heat the canola oil in a deep cast-iron skillet until it reaches 350°.
- Combine the buttermilk and Sriracha in a medium mixing bowl and mix well.
- In another medium bowl, mix together the flour, granulated garlic, granulated onion, salt and pepper.
- Place the cornflakes in a third bowl.
- Dredge the chicken tenders in the seasoned flour, lightly pressing down on the tenders to give them a more even shape.
- Remove the chicken from the flour with your left hand and lightly dip them in the Sriracha buttermilk.
- Shake off excess buttermilk and, with your right hand, roll the tenders in the cornflake crumbs, pressing the crumbs into the tenders until they are completely breaded.
- Set the breaded tenders on baking sheet as you go.
- In two batches, fry the tenders until golden brown on both sides, 6 to 7 minutes. When done, use a slotted spoon to transfer them to paper towels to drain.
- Brush the slider buns on both sides with garlic butter.
- Toast the buns, buttered-side down, in a large saute pan over medium heat until golden brown, 30 to 45 seconds.
- Layer the bottom buns with a slice of red onion, a slice of tomato and a chicken tender.
- Top with buttermilk slaw and cover with the bun top.
- Arrange the finished sliders on a serving platter and serve immediately.