1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen diced peaches
1 1/2 teaspoons + 2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
Juice of 1 lime
1 teaspoon PURE vanilla extract
3 tablespoons rolled oats (NOT instant)**
4 teaspoons flour
2 tablespoons COLD unsalted butter, cubed
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
1/4 cup raspberries or blueberries or ???
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Lightly spray 2 ramekins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Toss peaches, 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar, cornstarch, lime juice and salt together. Set aside.
- In a small food processor, pulse oats until a fine crumble.
- Add 2 tablespoons sugar and flour to oats and pulse until well blended.
- Cut in butter with pastry blender until a coarse meal.
- Stir in vanilla and walnuts.
- Divide peach mixture between ramekins.
- Divide raspberries over each ramekin.
- Sprinkle each ramekin with oat mixture.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Cool 5 minutes before serving – that fruit is HOT!
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
CREAMED BASIL CHICKEN
Skillet Basil Cream Chicken has always been one of my favorite recipes. Creamy sauce made with buttermilk and cheese, breaded chicken, tomatoes, fresh herbs, and more make up this super easy, delicious, and fool-proof chicken dinner. ADAPTED from Becky Hardin – The Cookie Rookie
¼ cup buttermilk
¼ cup dry breadcrumbs
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4-5 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons avocado oil
¼ cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons dry sherry
1 cup heavy cream
1 shallot, sliced thin
1/2 pound button mushrooms, sliced thin
1 (4 ounce) can pimentos, drained OR 2 small sweet peppers, diced
1 can petite diced tomatoes, drained (optional)
¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons garlic & herb cheese, like Boursin
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place chicken breasts in a shallow dish and cover with buttermilk for 10-15 minutes.
- Pour breadcrumbs in another shallow dish.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and add 2 tablespoons butter and 1 tablespoon avocado oil.
- Dredge chicken pieces in the breadcrumbs and place in the hot skillet.
- Cook 5 minutes or until bottom side is crispy and golden brown.
- Add remaining butter and oil and flip the breasts over.
- Cook another 5-7 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside.
- Add shallots to pan, cooking until soft.
- Add mushrooms, cooking until starting to caramelize.
- Add chicken broth and sherry to the skillet to deglaze, scraping the brown bits off the bottom of the skillet and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Add the cream, pimentos or peppers and tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low and add Parmesan cheese, garlic-herb cheese, basil and black pepper.
- Simmer and cook until sauce reduces by half.
- Add the chicken back into the sauce and heat through.
- Serve over pasta with sauce.