DRUNKEN CHICKEN & TOMATOES
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
FRESH ground sea salt and black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons avocado oil
8 ounces beech mushrooms
2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup Marsala wine
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon water
1 cup halved grape tomatoes
2 tablespoons FRESH chopped flat leaf Italian parsley, divided
- Butterfly each chicken breast.
- Cut chicken breasts into eight 1/2 inch pieces each of equal size.
- Combine flour, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a large Ziploc bag.
- Add chicken pieces and coat well with flour.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat.
- Shake excess flour from each piece and add chicken pieces to hot oil.
- Saute’ chicken pieces about 3 minutes on each side until golden. Cook in batches if necessary DO NOT CROWD PAN.
- Remove chicken pieces and set aside to drain.
- Add mushrooms and garlic, cooking until garlic is fragrant and mushrooms are beginning to caramelize.
- Add Marsala wine to pan, stirring often and cooking about 5 minutes until liquid is reduced by half.
- Whisk together the water and cornstarch. Add to pan and stir until well blended.
- Return chicken pieces to pan and top with tomato pieces and half the parsley.
- Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until well coated and sauce begins to thicken.
- Serve over mashed potatoes of prepared egg noodles.
- Garnish with remaining parsley.