3-4 pound chuck roast or boneless beef ribs*
1 large onion, chopped small
1 12 oz. coca-cola
2 cups Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce
1 cup ketchup OR 1 cup mustard**
1 cup packed brown sugar
- Put the meat and coca-cola in 6 quart crock pot on low for one hour.
- Do NOT use high, you can’t cook this recipe fast, it just doesn’t work.
- After an hour, add the remaining ingredient.
- Stir well and put the lid on.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- When done, meat will be in shreds and fat will have all but dissolved into the sauce.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or on buns.
**Ketchup makes it a little sweeter while mustard makes it more tart.