Meredith at Mercedes Rocks who hosts Scrumptious Sunday
Magic Cookie Bars – my way – Majestically
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup ground ginger snaps and vanilla wafers*
14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup butterscotch chips**
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter chips**
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 cup minced walnuts
1 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in the bottom of a 13×9 baking dish.
- Sprinkle cookie crumbs over butter evenly.
- Pour milk over crumbs evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining ingredients in order listed over milk evenly pressing down slightly with the spatula so they sink slightly into the milk base.
- Bake until lightly browned – about 25 minutes.
- Store tightly at room temperature.
*I have also used the remaining crumbs from whatever was in the cookie jar last with great success.
**I sometimes substitute 1 1/4 cup raspberry jam instead of the peanut butter and butterscotch chips for fruity taste. If using the jam, chill the baking dish after adding the milk for 10-15 minutes before adding remaining ingredients and baking. Chilling the milk gives a firmer base to be able to evenly spread the jam over it. Also be sure to add the jam on top of the milk before the chunky ingredients.