1 cup crab meat
1 cup celery, finely chopped
1 hard boiled egg, diced
3 large sweet pickles, chopped
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
2-3 sprinkles Frank’s red hot sauce
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1-3 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Flake the crab into small pieces.
- Toss crab, celery, egg, pickles in a large bowl.
- Sprinkle seasonings over crab mixture.
- Fold in mayonnaise to desired consistency and mix well.
- Chill overnight.
- Serve on a lettuce leaf and garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and a lemon slice.
Adapted from the recipe on page 459 as adapted from ‘A Thousand Ways to Please a Husband’ by Louise Bennett Weaver and Helen Cowles LeCron
I do the memes: Menu Plan Monday hosted by aura at I’m an Organizing Junkie, Favorite Ingredient Friday hosted by Kathryn at Overwhelmed with Joy, Freezer Food Friday hosted by MJ at mjpuzzlemom, Scrumptious Sunday hosted by Meredith at Mercedes Rocks and Slow Cooking Thursday hosted by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Doing them all make great additions to help keeping me on track and finding so new recipes!