CINNAMON RAISIN LOAF
2 cups + 2 teaspoons warm water
2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
5 3/4 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons cultured Buttermilk powder
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 cups golden raisins
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 Jumbo egg, beaten
1 egg white, beaten
- Combine 1/4 cup of the warm water and yeast in your mixer’s bowl.
- Let sit until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Add the flour, buttermilk powder, 1/4 cup of the sugar, salt, 3 tablespoons of the butter and the remaining water.
- Mix on low just until combined.
- With dough hook mix on medium 5 minutes.
- Add raisins and mix until firm.
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead into a ball.
- Oil a large bowl, place dough inside, cover and let rise in warm place until double in size – about 1 1/2 hours.
- Generously spray 2 loaf pans with PURE.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon, setting aside a tablespoon as topping.
- Split dough in half re-wrapping 1/2 in the oiled bowl.
- Press the other piece of dough into a 10×12 rectangle.
- Brush with 1/2 the whole beaten egg.
- Sprinkle half the cinnamon sugar.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the melted butter.
- With the back of a spoon lightly rub over the butter and cinnamon blending the butter and sugar mix.
- Starting with the short end roll up the dough gently.
- Pinch the ends together.
- Transfer to pan, seam side down.
- Cover with greased plastic and allow to rise 1 hour.
- Repeat with other loaf.
- At 45 minutes pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Brush each with the egg white.
- Top with 1/2 the reserve sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes and then lower temperature to 400 degrees.
- Bake 15 minutes more and lower temperature to 350 degrees and bake 15 minutes more.
CINNAMON BANANA BREAD
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 + 1/2 cup butter, softened
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup rum
1/2 cup crushed walnuts
1/2 cup sugar
2 Jumbo eggs
1 3/4 cups bread flour
1 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons cinnamon
- In a small bowl pour the orange juice over the raisins and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a small saucepan melt 1/2 cup butter.
- Stir in brown sugar until dissolved.
- Add bananas and walnuts, stirring to coat.
- In a large mixing bowl cream 1/2 cup butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs mixing well after each addition.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder.
- Gradually add flour mixture to creamed mixture blending well after each addition.
- Add in cooled banana mixture.
- Divide batter between greased loaf pans.
- Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes & then finish cooling on wire rack.
1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
4 ounce cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine all together.
- Drizzle over breads.
The Bread Round Up on October 15th.
Click here to learn more.