1 large can white albacore tuna packed in water, drained and drained again!
8 sweet pickles, chopped fine
2 green onions, chopped fine
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1 hard boiled egg, chilled, peeled and chopped fine
2-4 tablespoons butter
1 slice Muenster cheese
1 slice extra sharp cheese
4 slices frozen potato bread
- Drain the tuna in a fine mesh sieve and then use a spoon to mash all the water out again! Drying out the tuna is crucial.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Chop the sweet pickles and green onions extremely fine.
- Fold tuna, pickles and onions into Mayonnaise mixture.
- Chop egg finely and fold into mixture.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter on griddle over medium high heat. Add more as necessary to keep from burning.
- Toast all 4 slices of bread while still frozen*.
- When butter is melted lay all 4 slices in butter and top 2 slices with muenster and the other 2 slices with the sharp cheddar. Allow them to heat through, melting the cheese.
- Add the tuna to 2 slices and close them up.
- Continue cooking until golden on all sides and heated through.
*Using frozen bread makes the bread lighter and more easily toasted golden.
Sure Sherrie – substitute anything for the flavor you’re looking for so long as the consistency stays the same! Enjoy.
It sounds YUMMY!!!! And sounds pretty easy to make. Could you substitute a different cheese and Miracle Whip instead of Mayonnaise? Take Care!!