Homemaker Mondays is hosted by Robyn at 11th Heaven’s Homemaking Haven
Making a Happy Home Monday is hosted by LL at As for me and my house…
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday is hosted by Lisa at Blessed with Grace
Tips on Tuesday is hosted by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
2 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
1 large Vidalia Onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups baby carrots, cut into quarters
2 large celery ribs, cute into cobes
1 tablespoon minced garlic, jar
14 1/2 ounce can diced tomatoes with green chiles, undrained
1 small can Le Seur Peas, undrained
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 cup shredded jack cheese
2 + 3 tablespoons butter
- Boil potatoes until tender. Drain.
- Whisk together the tomatoes, seasonings and garlic.
- Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Generously salt and pepper beef and brown well.
- Drain off grease and add to tomato mixture.
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter.
- Saute carrots and celery together until tender.
- Add to beef mixture.
- Fold in Peas.
- Pour into a 9×9 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle cheese over top.
- In a mixing bowl combine 2 tablespoons butter, buttermilk and potatoes. Generously salt and pepper. Mash well.
- Top casserole with mashed potatoes.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
I participate in the memes: Menu Plan Monday hosted by Laura at I’m an Organizing Junkie, Favorite Ingredient Friday hosted by Kathryn at Overwhelmed with Joy, Freezer Food Friday hosted by MJ at mjpuzzlemom, Scrumptious Sunday hosted by Meredith at Mercedes Rocks, Homemaker Mondays hosted by Robyn at 11th Heaven’s Homemaking Haven, Making a Happy Home Monday hosted by LL at As for me and my house…, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday hosted by Lisa at Blessed with Grace, Slow Cooking Thursday & Tips on Tuesday hosted by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom and Tempt my Tummy Tuesday hosted by Lisa at Blessed with Grace. Doing them all make great additions to help keeping me on track and finding so new recipes!