HOSTED by OVERWHELMED by JOY
Ay Caramba! Chicken Pasta
2 large boneless & skinless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes’
1 small jar pimentos, drained well
1 small onion, diced
4+ 2 tablespoons butter
1/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
8 oz of Mexican Mild Velveeta cheese
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 package of taco seasoning mix
16 oz pasta, cooked
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the spaghetti per package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and white pepper. Melt butter and saute’ the chicken pieces a few minutes and then add onions in a large skillet over medium heat until cooked through.
- Drain the chicken and onions.
- In the same skillet melt the Mexican Mild Velveeta cheese. Whisk in the cream of chicken soup and milk. Heat until melted and well blended, stirring frequently. Add the Rotel tomatoes and taco seasoning mix and cook until heated through.
- In a large mixing bowl toss together the pasta, chicken & onions, and sauce.
- Pour into a 9×9 inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter and with a fork stir together with the bread crumbs until crumbly. Sprinkle over the casserole.
- Bake 15-30 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
According to Lisa the secret ingredient is that you MUST perform the Chicken Dance at least once while cooking.
I participate in the memes: Menu Plan Monday hosted by Laura at I’m an Organizing Junkie, Favorite Ingredient Friday hosted by Kathryn at Overwhelmed with Joy, Freezer Food Friday hosted by MJ at mjpuzzlemom, Scrumptious Sunday hosted by Meredith at Mercedes Rocks, Homemaker Mondays hosted by Robyn at 11th Heaven’s Homemaking Haven, Making a Happy Home Monday hosted by LL at As for me and my house…, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday hosted by Lisa at Blessed with Grace, Slow Cooking Thursday & Tips on Tuesday hosted by Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom and Tempt my Tummy Tuesday hosted by Lisa at Blessed with Grace. Doing them all make great additions to help keeping me on track and finding so new recipes!
Tamy, love your chicken pasta recipe choice for this week! Yum!
I’ve added your link to my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange that I just posted! 🙂
I love the little chicken in the picture.
Hi Tamy .I know exactly what’s for dinner tonight 😉 Thank you for sharing this recipe! Have a great day.Glad that the shipwreck dinner made you laugh.
That sounds wonderful.
Yum! But I have a question … my calendar says it’s the 11th. Does yours really say it’s the 14th? Can you share with us how you get to have more Friday’s in your week than we do? 🙂
Mmm..that looks delicious…I’m starving now!
I was really confused seeing “Friday” here! I thought, holy cow, this week really flew by! LOL!
mmm. that looks so good..
OMG that sounds SO good, but totally not WW friendly LMAO! Dang!
Hi…you have a great food blog. Just added and faved you. Hope you can add Our Food Recipes. Thank you