GRANDMA’S OLD FASHIONED BROWNIES
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
Butter an 8×8 baking pan, heavily dust the inside of the pan with cocoa and tap out the excess. Place the pan on a baking sheet.
Whisk the flour, cinnamon and salt together.
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. When the butter is melted, add the chopped chocolate and sift the cocoa and espresso powder over it. Continue to cook, constantly stirring, until the butter is melted and the cocoa and espresso powder are well blended. Remove from the heat and cool several minutes.
Whisk eggs into the saucepan one at a time. Next, stir in the sugar and vanilla. Don’t beat anything too vigorously or you’ll add air bubbles to your batter. Followed with the dry ingredients and nuts. Scrape the batter into the pan.
Bake for 30 minutes, at which point the brownies will still be gooey but done to the toiuch on top. Let the brownies cool for at least 30 minutes.
Turn the brownies out onto a rack and then invert onto a cutting board.
Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Frost if you like or sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 2 JUMBO eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 6 ounces milk chocolate, coarsely chopped
I baked nothing this week! I’m enjoying an Amish baked Shoo Fly Pie we bought in Lancaster yesterday, so I will relink that recipe!
My mouth is watering, I have my strawberry cake to link up…
Mine is up, it’s an old post but worth linking to! 🙂
Hi, I received a lead about your blog and plan on including all of your “theme days” in my list of “Theme Day(‘s)” for August (www.xanga.com/thehousethatlovebuilt). A couple of ?’s – When is the “Kitchen Wishes” hosted?
– Could I have a brief description for each of your ‘theme days’? – Is there a email address for this blog? – you can contact me via pinkbunnies (at) sbc global (dot) net. Make sure to put ‘theme day’ or some such in the subject line. THANKS!!
Comments are closed.