hosted by Chaya & Min at OUR KrAzY kitchen
SMASHED BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon maple extract
2 JUMBO eggs
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 smashed bananas*
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, soda and salt.
- Cream butter.
- Add bananas.
- Add sugars and vanilla, blend until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time until well blended.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and blend well.
- Fold in nuts and chocolate chips. (And or blueberries at this point).
- Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
*for the next batch I substituted 1 cup dried blueberries for 1 of the bananas.
I love the combination of banana and chocolate, but the addition of dried blueberries sounds so YUMMY!!!
Delicious and different…
LOL Dave – Yes & Yes. About 2 tablespoons more butter and substituting maple sugar would work beautifully. I did make another batch using those proportions, but no pictures for myself and the neighbors and they were ooey, gooey chewy!
OK… two things…
If I want a gooeyer cookie… add more butter??? (I am asking) any other suggestions?
And what if I don;t have maple extract… just some maple sugar????
LOL Audrey you are so right! Hubby & FIL wanted them crunchy. Next time the goo wins!
I could get into a gooyer version.
Yum! Those sound and look wonderful! They are making my mouth water!
Sounds delicious, almost like banana bread in the cookie. I love the addition of the maple extract.
Comments are closed.