SOUR CREAM DUTCH APPLE PIE
3+ cups apples, cored, peeled and chopped
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons flour
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon maple extract
1 small egg, beaten
1/2 cup sour cream (not light)
9 inch pastry shell, pre-baked and cooled
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 tablespoons butter, sliced extremely thin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Chop the apples and combine with just enough lemon juice to coat and prevent browning in large bowl.
- In a small bowl sift together the flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Fold in the sour cream, egg, vanilla and maple extract until well blended.
- Fold the sour cream mixture into the apples until well coated.
- Carefully pour into the pie shell, mounding towards the center.
- Toss together the topping ingredients until well blended.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over the apple mound.
- Lay the pieces of butter all over the top.
- Bake 30 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Best served with ice cream or fresh whipped cream. If you want to be really decadent try it with Caramel Sauce.
Magazine Mondays are hosted by Ivonne at Cream Puffs in Venice
Cooking with Chaya, Try A New Recipe day, Save Room for Desserts
& What Did you Bake Today are hosted at OUR KrAzY kitchen
Vintage Recipe Thursday is hosted by Joy at Joy of desserts