Growing up grams ALWAYS insisted on Knudsen products. They were more expensive, but the flavor was soooooooooooo worth it. Now I find that many other brands can come close, but there is no substitution for quality.
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon maple sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 Jumbo egg, beaten
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup buttermilk*
- Sift together the flour, sugar and salt.
- Add buttermilk gradually, stirring until smooth.
- Add baking soda, vanilla and egg, beating with hand mixer until well blended.
- Add butter last.
- Cook immediately on a hot griddle.
- Pancakes are ready to flip when bubbles begin to form along the backside of batter.