I got this recipe from my cousin Jenn years ago and she got it from her hubby’s family. My family affectionately calls it PINEAPPLE FLUFF, but BAKED PINEAPPLE is the technical name Jenn gave me.
2 large cans crushed pineapple, drained, but save the juice
2 cups pineapple juice
2 JUMBO eggs, beaten
4 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup sugar
*2 cups vanilla wafers
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Over a medium heat whisk the sugar into the pineapple juice until dissolved in a medium saucepan.
- Next whisk in the eggs until well blended.
- Gradually add cornstarch and cook until thick. Watch closely, it will burn quickly.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with PURE.
- Spread pineapple pieces evenly along the bottom.
- Pour the thickened sauce over the pineapple pieces.
- Bake 20 minutes.
- Top with a layer of marshmallows.
- Return to the oven for a few minutes until marshmallows are golden.
- Serve hot or cold.
- This is great leftover and re-heated.
*Now for my optional additions.
Crush vanilla wafers and place on the bottom of the baking dish.
Slice the bananas and layer on top of vanilla wafers before the pineapple pieces.
My mom would love this recipe, Tamy. She loves pineapple.
Comments are closed.