2 tablespoons butter
1 package Pillsbury crescent rolls (DO NOT USE ANYTHING ELSE see note below)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 ounces cream cheese
1 small bunch green onions
1 clove garlic
2-3 button mushrooms
salt and pepper to taste
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small food processor combine cream cheese, green onions, mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- In a skillet melt butter.
- Salt and pepper the chicken.
- Saute chicken 3-4 minutes each side until JUST done.
- Place 2 crescent rolls side by side and seal seams.
- Spread with cream cheese mixture.
- Place chicken breast on top.
- Coat with another layer of cream cheese mixture.
- Top with 2 more crescent rolls.
- Seal edges.
- Brush with egg wash.
- Bake 18-20 minutes.
NOTE: Next time I will dice the chicken after sauteing and mix with creamed mixture.