Do you love eggs? I do and there is nothing better than a perfect over medium egg for me. I like my whites done and my yolks runny so I can sop them up with my toast. So many times the yolks break trying to flip the eggs, but I have finally figured it out and it is soooooooooooooo simple!
THE PERFECT “OVER MEDIUM” EGG
1 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon water
salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the butter in your pan over a medium high heat.
- Crack eggs into the butter.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- When whites begin to solidify add the water and cover.
- The rest of this is a matter of watching closely. When the whites are done they will no longer jiggle. Turn off the heat immediately and your yolks will be perfect.
- Serve with your favorite toast.