CHICKEN ENCHILADAS SUIZA
2 pounds boneless chicken breasts (or bone in if your prefer)** SEE NOTES
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 cup sour cream
4 ounce can chopped green chiles, drained well
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 can Rotel mild original tomatoes with green chiles, drained
10 ounce can mild enchilada sauce, green
2 cups finely shredded jack and cheddar cheese
- Place chicken in stock pot with enough water to cover, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a low rolling boil until chicken is cooked through.
- Cool, de-bone if necessary and cut into bite sized pieces, preferably shredded.
- In a large bowl mix together the chicken pieces, Rotel tomatoes, green chiles, 1 cup of the cheese and 1/4 cup of the sour cream. Mix well.
- I like to slice off the major portion of the arc of the tortilla so I have a large rectangle to work with.
- Lightly spread a thin layer of sour cream on each tortilla.
- Divide the chicken mixture amongst all the tortillas and roll them securely.
- Place each one seam side down, side by side in a lightly sprayed rectangular baking dish.
- Pour the sauce evenly over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake foil covered for 30 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Uncover and bake another 15 minutes until cheese is melted and crisp.
- Serve with re-fried beans.
NOTES: Rotisserie chicken pieces make an awesome substitution and decrease your prep time 😀
Originally posted 2-5-2010