3 large carrots, cleaned and sliced (about 2 cups)
1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut bite sized (about 2 cups)
1 bunch green onions, sliced
3 tablespoons almond slivers
4 slices thick bacon, chopped
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Cook the carrots and green beans in boiling water for 3-5 minutes until crisp tender.
- Rinse in cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a hot skillet brown bacon until crisp.
- Remove with slotted spoon to drain on a papertowel.
- Add green onions and saute’ until tender.
- Add almonds and saute a minute more.
- Remove almonds and onions with slotted spoon to drain on papertowel also.
- Add brown sugar and vinegar to skillet and blend well until sugar is well dissolved.
- Add green beans, carrots, onions, almonds and bacon.
- Toss until well coated.
You are a good wife and he is a good husband and the flowers are lovely.
With bacon as an ingredient you can turn any vegetable dish into a masterpiece. This looks and sounds great.
Lots of good stuff going on over here this week! Those ribs in the previous entry really sound delicious 🙂
Comments are closed.