Today’s dessert comes from Martha Stewart’s Cookies. I’ve had it for awhile, and I have yet to try any of the recipes. The cookie on the cover, Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies, looked delicious to me – chocolate, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, & nutmeg – a perfect combination of flavors as far as I am concerned, but I knew neither the child nor the husband would eat them, and I really wanted to bake a cookie for them to enjoy. So, I kept looking, and I came across Milk Chocolate Cookies – perfect, except I didn’t have the requisite good-quality milk chocolate; however, I did have 2 large Symphony bars. Good enough for me, I decided. This is both a chewy and crunchy cookie, a perfect combination in my book. Hope you enjoy them!
Symphony Bar Milk Chocolate Cookies
1 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2-4.25 oz Symphony Bar with Almond & Toffee Chips
1 stick unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Melt together one of the Symphony bars with the stick of butter – I did this in the microwave, stirring after intervals of 30 seconds. The cookbook says to use a double-boiler technique – your choice. Once melted, allow the mixture to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat together the cooled melted chocolate, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- With the mixer on low, add the flour/cocoa mixture.
- Chop the remaining Symphony bar, and add to the cookie dough.
- Chill for 15 minutes.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop cookie dough onto prepared pan. The cookies spread, so allow at least 2″ between them.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes at 325 degrees.
- Allow to cool before removing from pan.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart’s Cookies.
Gorgeous cookies! These are right up hubby’s alley and I will try the recipe soon.
I’m not a big cookie eater but these look good to me, kind of like a chewy brownie.
oh wow these cookies look amazing love the snap of them all piled up
These look extra yummy Louanne! They wouldn’t last long at all with my guys 🙂
Thanks! We loved them, and it’s nearly impossible to stop at only one!
These cookies look utterly, sinfully fantastic!
Comments are closed.