This recipe was inspired by my good friend Barbara’s candy recipe for Salted Chocolate over at Kitchen Comforts.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Hershey’s cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (packed) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Heath bar, chopped into bits
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 ounces milk chocolate, chopped into small chips
- Sift the flour, cocoa and baking soda together.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the butter on medium speed until soft and creamy. Add the sugars, salt and vanilla extract and beat for 2 minutes more.
- Add the flour mixture and mix just until well blended.
- Add chocolate pieces and mix only to incorporate.
- Line baking sheets with silicone mats.
- Roll into 1 inch balls.
- Press down slightly as you place them on the baking mat about an inch apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- If needed press down slightly with the back of the spatula as you remove them from the oven.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from mats.
Makes about 4-6 dozen cookies.
This sounds like such a good combination of flavors for a cookie!
with the chocolate pieces, heath bar and salt, i think this tastes really really good!
Comments are closed.