These were serious Dolly Parton chicken breasts that I found on sale. I just didn’t realize HOW big they were until I opened the package today. I made these tonight with bone in breasts, but next time will use boneless to make the meal easier for everyone.
FRENCH ONION CHICKEN
4 chicken breasts
4 tablespoons butter
4 slices bacon, diced and browned
1 package Laura Scudder’s French onion dip mix
2 tablespoons dehydrated red pepper
1/3 cup flour
1 large bunch green onions, sliced
2 cups homemade chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
- Rehydrate the dehydrated red pepper in chicken broth for an hour before beginning to cook.
- In a large skillet melt butter.
- Sift together the flour and Laura Scudder’s green onion dip mix into a large plastic bag.
- One at a time dredge chicken in flour mixture coating well.
- Brown chicken on both sides until crisp.
- Using an electric skillet, spray with PURE.
- Add browned chicken breasts.
- Gently pour the broth mixture around the edges of the chicken.
- Top chicken pieces with green onions.
- Set on 200 degrees and simmer for an hour.
- Brown bacon and drain oil.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Sprinkle the bacon over the chicken pieces.
- Bring drippings to a boil and reduce to 1 cup.
- Remove from heat and quickly whisk in sour cream for gravy.
- Serve with mashed potatoes.
I’ve had that happen. It’s because the bone in breast not only includes the breast meat, but the bone and tenderloin too.
It still tastes better to me even if it takes longer:)
Hope you all enjoy this recipe – so simple, but sooooooooo flavorful!
Never heard of Dolly Parton’s chicken breast; real cute. What an easy recipe to add to my collection.
Ha ha! Dolly Parton chicken breasts!
Seriously, it sounds good.
Comments are closed.