ARROZ CON POLLO ala TAMY
4-6 portions white rice, prepared to package directions
2 pounds chicken breasts, cut into tenders
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable or olive oil
2 medium onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 bay leaf
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 teaspoon saffron
1 (13 1/2-ounce) can chicken broth
1 tomato, peeled and chopped
- Sprinkle chicken with paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Heat oil in pressure cooker. Brown chicken a few pieces at a time; set aside.
- Sauté onions and garlic until tender.
- Return all chicken to pressure cooker; add bay leaf, red pepper, saffron, and chicken broth.
- Close pressure cooker cover securely.
- Place pressure regulator on vent pipe.
- Cook for 5 minutes, with regulator rocking slowly.
- Cool pressure cooker at once.
- Remove chicken and stir in rice and tomato.
- Return chicken to pressure cooker and heat to a simmer, uncovered.
Makes 4 to 6 servings