PAN SEARED CHICKEN BREAST & WILTED SPINACH with PARMESAN PASTA
3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons butter
2 cloves garlic, minced*
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
2 ounces white wine
1 lemon, juiced
4 ounces bacon, diced
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
3 cups fresh spinach, washed and stemmed
spaghetti, cooked and well drained
1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
1 large tomato, diced
*While I prefer fresh garlic, I have found that the roasted jar garlic is a great substitute, especially in the winter.
- Brown bacon until crisp.
- Add onion slices and garlic, sauteing until tender.
- Move bacon and onions to the sides and add butter.
- When butter is melted, add chicken and brown well on both sides.
- In the meantime, prepare the pasta per package directions.
- Remove chicken, keeping warm.
- Add spinach and saute’ until spinach wilts.
- Move spinach to outer sides.
- Toss pasta with wine and lemon juice.
- Mound pasta in center of pan.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Layer chicken pieces over top.
- Serve immediately.
That sounds like a fabulous chicken dish. It has all the right stuff. I can see why it got the hubby seal of approval!!
Comments are closed.