|Mini Meat Loaves
1 pound Lean Hamburger
1 Egg, large
1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper (or more to taste)
1/2 teaspoon Salt (or more to taste)
1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 cups Brown Box Cracker Crumbs
2 *Onions (Medium, Of Choice, Peeled)
1 *Jalapeno (or more to taste)
4 *Cloves Garlic (or more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Chop onion, jalapeno and garlic to fine or process in blender, food processor.
- Adding just enough water to form a paste.
- We like the paste method as it seems to flavor the meat & we don’t like veggie chunks.
- Combine all ingredients except for the BBC Crumbs by squeezing though fingers.
- Once the ingredients are mixed well add the crackers and mix them through.
- Divide burger mixture into four (4) equal portions and form into loaves.
- Place in a casserole or large, heavy oven-proofing frying pan.
- The heavy frying pan is excellent for getting all the “good stuff” for the gravy.
- Bake approximately 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes.
Helpful Hint: Keep surgical gloves on hand just for this. You can purchase them at Walmart,
Sam’s or local drug store. We prefer the powder-free. You will find MANY uses for these
handy disposable gloves in the kitchen and in the home.
Brown Beer Gravy
3 tablespoons Drippings or vegetable or canola oil
1/2 cup White Flour
1 cup Dark Beer (Shiner Bock is excellent)
1 cup Beef Broth or water
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Heat drippings/oil to bubbling.
- Add flour and stir constantly to a bubbling caramel roux.
- Add beer and liquid continuing to stir constantly. The roux will smooth and thicken.
- Add more liquid if necessary.
Serving Suggestion: Slice mini meat loaves and top onto a mound of white or brown rice,
cover in gravy with a side of fresh sliced tomato.
Helpful Hint: Use beef broth instead or in combination with water when preparing rice.
You will be pleased!
Definitely looks delicious! YUMMY!
Mmmm…it looks mighty tasty!
True Comfort food for the new year!
Looking so good.
Comments are closed.