My family LOVED this low-fat meal last week! They’ve already asked for it again.
GRILLED CHICKEN SUBS
Skinless, boneless chicken breasts cut into strips (3 or 4 oz. per person)
Pasta Sauce (We use Bertolli marinara. It has 2 grams of fat per half cup serving)
Mozzarella cheese (partially skim milk)
1T olive oil
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet.
- Place chicken strips in skillet with oil.
- Sprinkle with Italian Seasoning.
- Turn as often as necessary (season both sides). Cook until center is no longer pink.
- Heat the marinara sauce over medium heat in a sauce pan.
- Place up to 1/4 cup of sauce on the hoagie roll.
- Fill with 3-4 ounces of chicken.
- Top with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and broil in the oven for about 3-5 minutes until cheese melts.
Each sandwich has 417 calories, 73 carbs, and 10 grams of fat.Serve with beans and white rice or boiled/roasted potatoes and fresh vegetables for a very low fat meal.
What an easy healthy treat; I love it; great photos making me hungry.
I love that you added pasta sauce to these! I will have to try these, because I know my man would love it.
When I was a kid we used to make hot subs all the time, I don’t think we had them cold …way back then! These look so good! Yum!
mmmmmmm…grilled chicken parmigiana subs!! Great idea!!
These look sooooooooooooooo and sound so tasty, I think hubby can even make these while I’m down recuperating!
Comments are closed.