Hi there, Tamy from Classic Good Eats Thursday here covering for Kris who is way under the weather. I hope you all like it. We loved this recipe that I adapted from the Flavor section of the local newspaper. Be sure and stop by my food blog, Always Eat On The Good China for other tasty recipes.
SMOTHERED BBQ CHOPS
2 + 2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup BBQ sauce
4 3/4 inch bone-in pork chops
2 small red onions, thinly sliced
2 carrots, thinly sliced on an angle
1/3 pound green beans, trimmed and cut
1/3 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
1 lemon, thinly sliced (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet heat butter on medium high.
- Sprinkle paprika, salt and pepper on both sides of pork chops.
- Brown pork chops on both sides until browned (5-6 minutes).
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining butter and onion to skillet and saute until tender.
- With a slotted spoon remove onions to a small bowl.
- Add carrots, beans, parsley and peas to skillet sauteing a few minutes.
- Add rice and broth. Heat to boiling.
- Move rice mixture to baking dish sprayed with PURE.
- Layer pork chops over rice mixture.
- Layer lemons over pork chops.
- Spoon onions over lemons.
- Spread BBQ sauce over all.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
Hi Tamy, what a delicious dish you have prepared.
Kris, I hope you get better soon ♥
Tasty and satisfying meal on these COLD winter nights. Blessings, Catherine
I have been making these BBQ pork chops for a loong time. Never tought of baking them together with rice and vegetables. Looks and sounds wonderful This recipe is keeper; thank you.
Comments are closed.