Chocolate Truffle Cookies
A very rich chocolate cookie for any true chocoholic. This recipe uses relatively little flour, resulting in dense, fudge-like cookies. These cookies keep well in the freezer.
Yield: 3 dozen
4 (1 ounce) squares semi-sweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 + 1 cup milk chocolate chips
6 tablespoons butter
1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
- In the microwave or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, melt semi-sweetened chocolate, 1 cup of the chocolate chips, and the butter stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whip eggs and sugar until thick and pale, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla and the chocolate mixture until well mixed.
- Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually stir into the chocolate mixture.
- Fold in remaining 1 cup chocolate chips. Cover dough and chill for at least an hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll chilled dough into 1 inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
I wish I had a picture – it’s on my old computer in storage while we travel.
They look like a brown chocolate chip cookie though. The flavor is richer and the texture creamier though.
can you share the picture of this recipe? I would like to do this, but want to know how they will look when done..
Yum! I could use one of these right now! Thanks!
Comments are closed.