2 large boneless chicken breasts
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2-4 tablespoons butter(enough to keep chicken from burning~add as necessary)
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts.
- In a shallow glass pan, pour buttermilk over chicken 1-2 hours prior to cooking. Make sure to coat chicken well and turn at least once during soaking.
- When ready to cook, drain, but do NOT rinse the buttermilk off the chicken pieces.
- In a medium sized fry pan melt the butter over medium heat. As butter melts and begins to very slightly sizzle, prepare breasts.
- In a small ziploc bag mix together the flour, salt and pepper.
- One at a time, put each chicken breast in bag and coat well with flour mix and then into sizzling butter.
- Cook on one side until edges begin to bleed and then turn. About 6 minutes each side depending on plumpness.
- Keep chicken warm.
3 tablespoons butter
5 tablespoons Wondra flour
1 1/4 cups whole milk
3/4 cup whipping cream
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Black pepper + (to taste)
- Melt butter into bottom of pan you just cooked the chicken in.
- Scrape up any of the chicken pieces and mix into new butter.
- Add flour slowly, stirring until absorbed by butter and golden brown.
- Slowly add first the milk and then the cream.
- Stir constantly until thickens. If necessary sprinkle in more Wondra until desired thickness is reached.
- Serve over chicken and mashed potatoes.