Easy Chicken and Dumplings
1 (32) oz of chicken broth
5 cups of shredded cooked chicken
1 10 1/2 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 10 1/2 oz can of jumbo refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
Directions: I always toss in some frozen chopped onions and season with a little pepper or Mrs. Dash. Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil over med. high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to med. high : return to a low boil.
Place biscuits on a lightly floured surface. Roll or pat each biscuit to 1/8 inch thickness: cut into 1/2 inch wide strips.;
Drop strips, 1 at a time, into boiling broth mixture. Add peas and cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 15 to 20 min. stirring occasionally to prevent dumplings from sticking.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cut up 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts to help them cook.
- Put the chicken pieces in boiling water and let them cook for about 20 minutes.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, drain them and then shred it with 2 forks.
- Combine the chicken broth, cream of mushroom soup and cooked chicken in a dutch oven. Bring it to a boil, turn it down and cover it and let it simmer for a bit and then turn it back up to a low boil.
- While the chicken is boiling in the stock, throw some flour down on the cutting board. Open the biscuits and pad them down until they were about 1/8 inch and then cut them into 1/2 inch strips.
- Drop them into the pot and let it cook, cover, for about 20 minutes. Stir it every once in a while so they biscuits didn’t stick.
- Put about 1/2 bag of green peas in the pot, too.
Here’s what you’ll end up with:
This recipe is so good and easy. The peas added a sweetness to the dish. I only added green peas but you could also add some carrots or whatever veggies you want to it.
Thanks! The biscuits are so easy and taste delicious!!
Using the biscuits is fantastic and they look so yummy. Thanks April.
Comments are closed.