Good Morning, Tamy here filling in for Joanne. While I know these aren’t Italian they are yummy and simple, so we’ll just go with Simple Saturday.
TUNA CAKES with FRENCH REMOULADE SAUCE
12 ounce can all white albacore tuna, drained well**
1 large egg
1/8 cup mayonnaise
sea salt, to taste
white pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon green Tabasco sauce
1/4 cup champagne vinegar
1/2 cup safflower oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 cup powdered sugar
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk egg until golden and consistency is smooth.
- Add mayonnaise, salt, pepper and green Tabasco sauce, whisking until well blended.
- Add enough panko crumbs to make a paste.
- Add tuna and blend well.
- Form 6 cakes or logs.
- Set cakes on paper towels and chill 30 minutes. The paper towels will draw out excess moisture.
- In a cast iron pan melt butter.
- Roll cakes in panko crumbs.
- When butter is frothy, add tuna cakes.
- Brown each side until golden.
- In a food processor mix together all the sauce ingredients until well blended.
- Microwave 1 minute until hot.
- Pour over tuna cakes and enjoy.
**Crab or Salmon works well too.
LOL that’s probably because I just made them up when I was out of crab. They were great!
tuna cakes?! never heard of that, sounds delish!
Comments are closed.