I recently got this recipe from a friend and she was right – they were super!
BEER BRAISED PORK CHOPS
4 – bone in pork chops – I had thin ones already so we used those and they were really good!
1-12 ounce bottle honey wheat beer – we used Amberbock
1 tablespoon safflower oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
1 cup cheddar cheese
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
fresh herb sprigs
- Place chops in resealable bag set in shallow dish.
- In a medium bowl combine beer, oil, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper and the salt.
- Pour over chops; seal bag.
- Marinate in refrigerator overnight, turning bag occasionally.
- Drain chops, discarding marinade.
- Arrange medium-hot coals around a drip pan.
- Place chops on grill rack over drip pan.
- Cover and grill for 35 to 40 minutes or until chops are slightly pin in center and juices run clear (160). For gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Adjust for indirect cooking. Grill as above.
- Combine cheese, green onions, walnuts and the remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper. Carefully spoon cheese topping over chops. Cover and grill for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- If desired, garnish with fresh herb sprigs. Makes 4 servings.
Yum, I like that marinade a lot! Plus you said beer and pork, two of my favorite words 😉
They were really good – so glad we used the small thin ones – they were plenty.
They sure look delicious!
Comments are closed.