My partner this month is Carol from NO REASON NEEDED for our 4th pairing. I spent yet another lazy afternoon perusing her recipes again and was still intrigued by her unusual recipe titles like elephant ear cookies, zippy slow cooker chili, pizza stuffed pretzels and super easy strawberry and lime ice cream but opted for her Chicken Marsellaise. Carol’s recipe is here.
1.5 cups Catalina
2 cans (16 oz.) tomatoes with juice
2 large onions, sliced
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon celery seed
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup chicken broth or stock
- Arrange chicken pieces in large skillet.
- Pour 1 cup Catalina dressing over chicken and cook over low heat.
- Turn chicken as needed in order to brown chicken on all sides.
- When chicken is browned, add remaining Catalina along with tomatoes, onion, salt, celery seed and pepper. Cover skillet and cook chicken over medium-low heat for 30 minutes or until chicken tests done. When chicken is done, remove from skillet and arrange on serving platter.
- Gradually add flour to chicken broth and stir until dissolved.
- Pour broth into skillet’s hot liquid and stir constantly, increasing the heat to medium-high.
- Cook until mixture forms a thick gravy sauce.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.