1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed in refrigerator
3/4 cup frozen peas
1 1/2 cup diced cooked chicken
1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
salt and pepper to taste
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cu flat leaf parsley, minced
2 scallions, sliced thin.
- Preheat oven to 400˚.
- Place pastry on lined baking sheet.
- Bake until puffed, 10-13 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with parchment paper and an inverted baking sheet. Bake another 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Cook peas according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup of peas.
- In a food processor process remaining peas, 3/4 cup chicken pieces and ricotta cheese to make a chunky puree.
- Stir in lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl combine the parsley, scallions and remaining peas.
- Season with lemon juice and salt.
- Spread ricotta mixture over pastry and top with parsley mixture.
- Top with remaining peas and chicken.
- Cut into pieces and serve immediately.
I had some puff pastry left so made some apple dessert tarts to go with them.
Even though it was baked, the oven wasn’t too bad and the tart was yummy!
Sounds yummy! You know I’m a big fan of puff pastry 🙂
Comments are closed.