KRAB & PEA FRITTERS
1 cup sour cream
1 small bunch green onions, whites and greens, finely minced and divided
2 large eggs
3/4 cup whole milk*
12 ounces krab, minced
1 cup frozen peas
1 1/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
Frank’s Hot sauce
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
*I only had heavy cream and 1% milk on hand, so I used 1/2 cup heavy cream and 1/4 cup 1% milk and they were perfect.
- In a medium bowl mix together the sour cream and half the green onions.
- Add in lemon juice, salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs until frothy.
- Whisk in the milk.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and pepper to taste, blending until combined well.
- Fold in the krab, the other half of green onions and peas until well blended.
- Using a deep skillet (at least 2 inches) heat the oil over a medium high heat until it shimmers.
- Add the batter to the oil 1 heaping tablespoon at a time.
- Cook the fritters in batches, 2-3 minutes per side. Use a slotted spoon to turn them. Be sure not to crowd the pan.
- Transfer fritters to paper towels to drain.
- Serve hot with sour cream.
They were truly yummy!
Comments are closed.