MACARONI and CHEESE
UNIVERSAL COMFORT FOOD adapted from HAT CITY KITCHEN
1 pound elbow macaroni (cooked)
1 quart heavy cream
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 pound American cheese (shredded)
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
½ cup breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon powdered Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- In a medium saucepan, heat cream to a simmer.
- Stir in seasonings and American cheese. Stir until well blended and melted.
- Add macaroni and stir until noodles are well coated with cheese sauce. Divide between 8 ramekins.
- Mix Parmesan, powdered Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs in a small bowl. Divide between the ramekins.
- Bake until breadcrumbs become golden brown, about 20-30 minutes.
- Serve warm.
I make a similar mac and cheese but I’ve always just made it in a big pan, never thought of making it in individual servings.
Comments are closed.