I found this recipe over at Frugal Antics of a Harried Housewife and instantly fell in love. I made it this afternoon and it’s already almost all gone. I have some summer cherries and blueberries in the freezer that I think I’ll be trying next.
¾ cup sugar
1 cup milk
1 stick butter, melted (next time I’ll use 6 tablespoons)
1 stick butter, softened (next time I’ll use 6 tablespoons)
½ tsp ground nutmeg
½ cup self rising flour
1 cup oatmeal
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, sugar and milk until smooth.
- Add the melted butter.
- Spread the batter into a greased 11X7 pan.
- Slice bananas evenly over batter.
- In another bowl, combine remaining ingredients.
- Sprinkle over bananas.
- Bake at 375 ˚ for 40 minutes or until filling bubbles.
- Serve with whipped cream or ice cream.