APRICOT PORK CHOPS & SCALLOPED POTATOES
4 bone in pork chops
8 apricots, washed, pitted and sliced thin
3 large potatoes, scrubbed and sliced thin
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons butter
3+ tablespoons Wondra flour
1/8 cup sugar
finely grated cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
- Lay apricots in a single layer in a baking dish and sprinkle with the sugar. Set aside for an hour or so.
- Save you nicest looking apricot pieces to lay on top of pork chops. Puree the rest.
- In a small sauce pan melt the butter. Whisk in 3 tablespoons of Wondra flour until golden.
- Gradually add the cream, stirring continuously until smooth.
- Gradually add in half or more of the apricot puree.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Spray an 11×7 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Start layering potatoes into the bottom of baking dish, salt and peppering with a dusting of flour and sprinkled with green onions and grated cheese between layers.
- Once all the potatoes are layered, pour 2/3 of your sauce over the potatoes and allow it to dribble and settle into all the cracks.
- Lay pork chops on top of sauce in a single layer.
- Arrange reserved apricot pieces on top of pork chops.
- Add remaining puree to remaining sauce and whisk until smooth.
- Carefully pour over pork chops.
- Cover with lid.
- Bake 1 – 1 1/2 hours (depending on thickness and doneness of chops and potatoes.) Remove lid last 15 minutes. Potato layer will be bubbly.