LEMON THYME CHICKEN
4 thin chicken breasts
salt and pepper to taste
1 small red onion, halved and sliced thin
1 small red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
2 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 bunch green onions, sliced thin
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
6 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Bring the white wine, whipping cream, white wine vinegar, dried thyme and green onions in heavy medium saucepan over high heat until mixture is reduced to generous 1/2 cup, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat and melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Saute onion, add Brussels sprouts face down and saute’ a few minutes.
- Add red pepper strips and saute’ a bit more.
- Add tomatoes and move all the vegetable to the outer edges.
- Pan sear the chicken breasts in the center until cooked though and the vegetables are tender.
- Strain sauce into heavy small saucepan, pushing hard on solids to release as much liquid as possible.
- Set saucepan over very low heat and whisk in butter 1 piece at a time.
- Whisk in lemon juice; season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour over prepared chicken breasts and vegetables.